Instance Reset Functionality Update
- I’ve found several issues related to the real-time cuboid reset plugin:
- Minecarts aren’t recreated
- Dispensers are missing their contents – no easy traps for me :(
- Items left on the ground cause problems resetting blocks (doors can be missing, etc)
- Blocks aren’t always faced correctly on restore (like dispensers – repeated restores seem to fix it)
From what I’ve been researching these appear to be mostly related to issues in WorldEdit. :( So unless we want to track down and fix that code base we have to either program/design/implement around it for now.
- I’ve added a few things to help with this:
- Mulitverse-Core (allows us to shard existence and create dungeon realms)
- Multiverse-Portals (allows world to world gateways)
- Multiverse-Adventure (allows us to control world resets)
- EntityAdmin (can be used to clean up items on the ground before/after live instance resets)
I still need to review permissions on these, but will communicate changes as relevant.
I’ve migrated the dead zone in using the core/portals set to test the new method. We lose some flexibility with mob spawning/drops but there are some work arounds for parts of it. The gains out-weight the losses at this point so I went with it. We can also add a second separate instance back in as needed.
Citizens Quest Builder:
Found this application today and created a basic quest with it. If you are looking to get some basic introduction into quest development check it out. :) http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/wip-admin-tool-questwriter-v0-16-1-quest-writing-for-citizens.41169/
If you’re interested in helping develop the real-time cuboid reset plugin start here:
If you’re interested in patching WorldEdit directly start here: